INDIAN COAST GUARD [GD & DB]
SELECTION PROCEDURE :
Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Fitness in the Medical Examinations.
* The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
* The question paper consists of English, Science, Maths and General Knowledge.
* Duration of examination: Mental Ability Test - 30 Minutes
Written Test : 01 hour
* The candidates are required to pass in all the tests.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
All those who pass the written test will be subjected to the PFT.
* PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 6 minutes 30 seconds.
* 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
* 10 Push ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Interview:Candidates clearing the above tests will appear for interview
* Minimum height 157 cms. (May be reduced by 5 cms in the case of Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese including those from Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Garhwal, Sikkim, local tribals of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and by 2 cms in case of candidates from Lakshadweep, mainland settlers in Andaman & Nicobar and candidates joining the Indian Coast Guard on second appointment from other government departments).
* Chest: Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
* Weight: Proportionate to height and age +_10% acceptable. Hearing: normal
* Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
* Good mental, medical and physical health, free from any disease/disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties.
* No Cardio-vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
* General Duty: 6/6 (Good Eye) and 6/9(Bad Eye) (Candidates using glasses are
not eligible for GD Branch).
* Domestic Branch: 6/18(Good Eye) and 6/36 (Bad Eye).